In honor of Veterans Day I am making the ultimate American dessert, S’mores!! These S’mores are delicious and gooey!! With a graham cracker cup that is soft like a cookie, toasted marshmallow in the middle and melted Hershey’s chocolate on top. This is a much easier way to eat a s’more, no crumbling, no chocolate dripping everywhere just yummy ooey gooey goodness!
I just want to take a minute to thank all the Veterans out there past and present from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for your service, sacrifice, bravery and keeping us safe. My husband is my hero and I feel so very blessed to be surrounded by such incredible people and my Marine Corps family.
Inside the wire:
-When mixing dough be sure to mix the dry ingredients well to make sure the baking soda, salt and graham cracker crumbs are well incorporated into the flour.
-Always add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. I like to only mix about half a cup at time. They dough will appear a little crumbly and that is normal don’t worry!
-Next, spray the mini muffin tin before adding the cookie dough. I use Easy Off Baking Spray. It has flour in it and I have yet to have anything stick to any pan when using it and all baked goods come out of the pan easy and I LOVE it!
-Fill the muffin tin to just about the very top of the pan and press down slightly to flatten since dough is a bit crumbly.
-After you bake for 8 minutes the cookies will look doughy and not done but trust me they are done so don’t cook them any longer. They will look like the picture below.
-While the cookies are still hot and straight from the oven you will want to make an indent in each cookie for the marshmallow to go. The best way is to you use a measuring teaspoon and it fits perfectly with the cookie and marshmallow.
-Now add the Marshmallow halves while still hot.
-Let the cookies cool for 20 minutes and then broil the cookies to toast the marshmallows for about 1 to 2 minutes. Watch carefully so you don’t burn them!
-Finally, add the Hershey’s chocolate bar on top of each cookie while the marshmallows are still hot and they will melt and get gooey!
Ingredients-1 ¼ cups of All-Purpose Flour
-1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
-1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
-1/2 teaspoon Salt
-1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
-1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
-1/2 cup Brown Sugar
-1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
-12 large Marshmallows, cut in half
-2 Hershey’s Chocolate Bars (1.55 OZ each)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with baking spray.
- In a small bowl combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl beat egg until frothy and then add vanilla and mix. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl cream the softened butter and then add the sugar and beat those together until creamy. Next, add in the beaten egg/vanilla mixture and beat until creamy.
- Next, add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture about a half cup at a time until fully combined.
- Add about a tablespoon full of dough into each mini muffin tin until they are almost full and press down slightly to flatten.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees in a preheated oven. They will look like they are not fully cooked and a bit doughy but this is how it is supposed to look. Don’t overcook.
- Right when you take the cookies out the oven use something small to make an ident in the middle of the dough for the marshmallow to sit in. I use the end of my measuring spoon (a teaspoon is the perfect size). Then place the marshmallow half in each indent of the cookie and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Next, turn your oven onto broil. Once the oven is ready place the cookies with the marshmallows on top in the oven to toast the marshmallows. This only takes about 1 to 2 minutes so watch carefully.
- Immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven place one piece of chocolate on top of each toasted marshmallow. The chocolate will melt just let it sit and after they are cooled enjoy!