This sugar cookie recipe is by far the best recipe I have tried and best sugar cookie I have eaten. It is soft, chewy, sweet and delicious. I got the recipe from one of my aunts and when she would give my family sugar cookies my brother and I would fight over them because they are that yummy.
Inside the Wire:
-Mix the flour and soda together in a large bowl and make sure all is well incorporated and set aside.
-With an electric mixer or by hand cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and then add the eggs in one at a time mixing well after each addition and then lastly add in the vanilla and milk.
-Next, add the dry ingredients about a cup at a time until incorporated. The dough will be very thick. I always just mix using a fork and then once it gets too thick I just use my hands to finish. Once dough is mixed and no longer crumbly, form into a ball.
-Dust a surface or parchment paper with flour and sprinkle a little on top and roll out and use cookie cutters or the end of a glass for round cookies if you do not have cookie cutters. Continue to form left over dough back into a ball and re-roll until all the dough has been used.
-Bake until lightly golden on the bottom and let cool completely before icing.
For the Icing:
This time I used Royal Icing because it makes the cookies prettier and much easier to decorate but is a little time-consuming to decorate. The best, quick and easiest tutorial for royal icing I have found is on youtube Baking with Josh.
If you just want a quick creamy spreadable icing you can use my aunt’s recipe for her sugar cookies which I will add below.
-4 ½ cups of All-Purpose Flour
-1 teaspoon Baking Soda
-1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
-1 cup Sugar
-1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
-5 tablespoons Milk
-check out Baking with Josh but the ingredients you will need are below:
-2lb bag of Confectioners’ Sugar
-5 tablespoons Meringue Powder
-2 teaspoons clear Vanilla
-3/4 cup of Water
-8 tablespoons of Shortening
-4 cups Confectioners’ Sugar
-6 tablespoons Milk
-1 teaspoon clear Vanilla Extract
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and baking soda mix until incorporated.
- In a separate large bowl with an electric mixer or with a fork mix butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Now add the vanilla and milk, mix until incorporated.
- Next, add the dry ingredients in increments (about a cup at a time) into the wet mixture with a fork. Once the dough gets too thick just take your rings off and mix with your hands until the dough is no longer crumbly and hold shape.
- Form dough into a ball and dust a surface or parchment paper with flour and place the ball of dough on the floured surface. Next, sprinkle the top of the dough with a little flour before rolling out.
- Roll out dough and cut with cookies cutters or the end of a drinking glass if you want round cookies and do not have cookie cutters.
- Continue to form left over dough back into a ball and re-roll until all the dough has been used.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden around the bottom.
- Cream together the shortening and vanilla (use clear if you don’t want to tint your white frosting) using a fork.
- Gradually add 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth and no longer lumpy.
- Beat in remaining sugar with milk and blend until smooth.
- Add in food coloring if preferred and then ice the cooled off sugar cookies.
2 thoughts on “Sugar Cookies”
Your cookies look wonderful! I especially like the snow flakes! Thanks for sharing this recipe 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! They were fun to make!
LikeLiked by 1 person