These bars are perfect for taking to a summer BBQ and a quick easy dessert everyone will love! The cake is soft, perfect and taste like a sugary pie crust but fluffy like a cake! The cream is light, fluffy, creamy and slightly sweet. Topped with strawberries which makes this dessert the perfect way to kick off summertime!!
My mom came up for a visit and we bought way too many strawberries and needed to make something before they went bad. We were craving something light and sweet and not too labor intensive. We decided on making these strawberry shortcake bars, they did NOT disappoint and were amazing!! Two weeks later I made it again for a pizza BBQ with a few of the ladies whose husbands are deployed as well and it was a hit and perfect ending to our awesome grilled pizzas.
Inside the Wire:
-Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl and make sure all is well incorporated and set aside.
-With an electric mixer or stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.
-Then add the eggs one at a time until combined and then add in the vanilla and beat until well combined.
-Next, add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk until all is incorporated and creamy but do not over mix. Mixture will be light and fluffy like below. Pour into a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
-Bake about 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Edges will be slightly golden.
For the Filling:
-Cream together the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Then fold in the Cool Whip until incorporated.
-Spread cream over the cake once it has cooled completely.
-Top with Diced Strawberries.
Strawberry Shortcake Bars
-1 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
-1 teaspoon Baking Powder
-1/4 teaspoon Salt
-1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
-1 cup Granulated Sugar
-1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
-3/4 cup Milk
1 Pint of Strawberries
-8 oz. Cream Cheese
-1/2 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
-8 oz. Cool Whip
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugar on medium speed. Then add the eggs one at a time until combined. Next, add the vanilla until combined.
- Next, add the dry ingredients in increments into the wet mixture on slow speed alternately with the milk beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until creamy.
- Fold in the Cool Whip until well incorporated.
- Once the cake is cooled completely, spread the cream evenly.
- Top with diced up strawberries. Keep refrigerated.